Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Is Your's Pillowcase Breaking Your Hair?


It always surprises me when new clients tell me they've never heard about sleeping on a satin pillowcase. A lot of times when I see women with breakage to one side of their hair I hear "Oh my hair has always done that because I sleep on that side." If everyone's hair broke from sleeping on the same side many of us would be half bald. The cause of one-sided breakage usually come from sleeping on cotton pillowcases. The fibers in cotton pillowcases can snag hair and cotton absorbs oils and moisture that are needed to maintain healthy, shiny hair. 


Sleeping on a satin pillowcase allows hair to slip or slide across it's smooth surface without removing necessary moisture. Even if you wear a satin scarf to bed, there's nothing wrong with adding some extra luxury while you sleep.

For more information on healthy hair care subscribe to my blog and visit www.hairbytamari.com to find out how I can help you achieve your own healthy hair goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment