Wednesday, February 26, 2014

How to Save Your Style During Workouts

"How do I keep my hair neat between appointments if I workout?" I hear this more than any other question from my clients. The good news is you don't have to choose between working out and having beautiful hair. My secret to maintaining my style during workouts is a cotton bandana.


I know it sounds crazy, especially since I'm always on my clients about using satin scarfs and pillowcases when they sleep. However, the cotton helps to absorb excess moisture from sweat during workouts and keeps your hair in place. I've tried some of the wraps made from materials that claim to wick moisture away from the hair and preserve style, but I always go back to using my cotton bandana because it always works better and costs a lot less. Follow the step below to protect your style during your workouts.


Wrap your hair with the bandana. If you wear a weave or protective style focus on laying down your natural hair. The length of your hair should be pulled into a loose braid or ponytail if possible.


Blow dry your hair with the bandana still on, to prevent your hair from curling or shrinking.


Once your hair is dry, remove the cotton bandana to reveal smooth straight, edges. If necessary use an edge tamer to help smooth any unruly hair around your edges.

For more hair care tips make sure to subscribe to my blog. Also, check out www.hairbytamari.com to find out how I can help you reach your healthy hair goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment