Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Deep Conditioning Wigs, Weaves & Extensions

I hear a lot of women talking about how often they need to buy new hair for wigs, weaves and extensions. I've noticed that many women who come into the salon don't realize that they should be caring for the hair used for their hair enhancements. In fact most are using more heat on their wigs and extensions because they don't view it as being hair that can be damaged like their natural hair or they just figure it's replaceable. If you spend good money buying quality hair, why wouldn't you want to take care of it?

Wigs and extensions should be treated similar to your natural hair and even better in most cases since that hair doesn't get the benefits of the oils and nutrients from your scalp. Using deep conditioning and shine treatments can help bring dull extensions back to life, giving them a healthy looking shine. This is even more important if you wear hair that has been colored or otherwise chemically treated. 

I have worn light brown to blonde hair extensions and wigs for years and I still have extensions from over 5 years ago that are still in great shape because I've treated them well. I deep condition the hair at least once a month while I'm wearing the hair and again after it's been removed to prepare them to be reapplied or stored.

For more information about how I can help you maintain healthy hair visit www.hairbytamari.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment